Wererew

2+ Year Member
Jun 1, 2017
Status
Pre-Dental
For NH3 equilibrium, how did we get 2/2= 1M? I thought it would be 2x... is there a shortcut I missed?
I am quickly blanking out on how to solve for x also...

Thank you!

orgoman22

DAT DESTROYER... Dr. Romano and Nancy
Lifetime Donor
Sponsor
Vendor
10+ Year Member
Mar 12, 2005
New York City
www.orgoman.com
Status
Non-Student
For NH3 equilibrium, how did we get 2/2= 1M? I thought it would be 2x... is there a shortcut I missed?
I am quickly blanking out on how to solve for x also...

Thank you!
Look carefully at the solution. This 2x term is equal to 2/2 or 1. Without this, you would have no variable to solve for. Read the problem carefully. It gives you an equilibrium amount of the product,,,, If an equilibrium amount is KNOWN.....that is where you need to pounce !!!! Re-do this problem ! I told my students this summer that this type of question will toughen them up ! If equilibrium values were given.....it would be a simple plug and chug calculation. This was a bit tougher, but worth the effort when you slay the DAT Beast.

Think 30!

Hope this helps.

Dr. Romano

OP
W

Wererew

2+ Year Member
Jun 1, 2017
Status
Pre-Dental
Look carefully at the solution. This 2x term is equal to 2/2 or 1. Without this, you would have no variable to solve for. Read the problem carefully. It gives you an equilibrium amount of the product,,,, If an equilibrium amount is KNOWN.....that is where you need to pounce !!!! Re-do this problem ! I told my students this summer that this type of question will toughen them up ! If equilibrium values were given.....it would be a simple plug and chug calculation. This was a bit tougher, but worth the effort when you slay the DAT Beast.

Think 30!

Hope this helps.

Dr. Romano
Ouch! Tricky.... thank you so much!

orgoman22

DAT DESTROYER... Dr. Romano and Nancy
Lifetime Donor
Sponsor
Vendor
10+ Year Member
Mar 12, 2005
New York City
www.orgoman.com
Status
Non-Student
Ouch! Tricky.... thank you so much!
Keep up the good work, this is what learning is all about!:) Feel free to post if you have any other questions.

Dr. Romano

Reactions: Wererew
About the Ads