1. Guest, be sure to check out How To Get Into Dental School, our free downloadable PDF with step-by-step details for dental school applicants!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice

Destroyer Gen Chem #3

Discussion in 'DAT Discussions' started by Predentknight, Jun 3, 2008.

1. Predentknight

Pre-Dental
    Gen Chem #3 destroyer

I am continually having trouble with this type of problem. Can some one explain what makes "B" the most soluble in water. I understand that all possible choices except BaSO4 are soluble, so why B. Thanks much

2. Thread continues after this sponsor message. SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. DRHOYA

Pre-Dental
    I think it is because according to the rules of solubility NH4 anything is soluble. The fact that B is "most-soluble", may be due to the fact that there are 3 NH4's on that molecule.

4. Orgodox

Dental Student
    yes BaSO4 is insoluble but you should immediately also be able to eliminate AgCl because all silver lead and mercury alts are insoluble. SO now that you eliminated those 2 chose the most soluble one left and like DRHOYA said NH4 is soluble so that makes B correct

5. userah

Dental Student
    kaplan does a pretty good job with explaining solubility rules i think. i made sure to review them before exam day. came in handy too; got a few questions bout solubility