Destroyer Gen Chem #3

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Predentknight

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Gen Chem #3 destroyer

I am continually having trouble with this type of problem. Can some one explain what makes "B" the most soluble in water. I understand that all possible choices except BaSO4 are soluble, so why B. Thanks much

Members don't see this ad.

Gen Chem #3 destroyer

I am continually having trouble with this type of problem. Can some one explain what makes "B" the most soluble in water. I understand that all possible choices except BaSO4 are soluble, so why B. Thanks much

I think it is because according to the rules of solubility NH4 anything is soluble. The fact that B is "most-soluble", may be due to the fact that there are 3 NH4's on that molecule.

yes BaSO4 is insoluble but you should immediately also be able to eliminate AgCl because all silver lead and mercury alts are insoluble. SO now that you eliminated those 2 chose the most soluble one left and like DRHOYA said NH4 is soluble so that makes B correct

kaplan does a pretty good job with explaining solubility rules i think. i made sure to review them before exam day. came in handy too; got a few questions bout solubility