Destroyer Gen Chem General Question

Discussion in 'DAT Discussions' started by Anselmian, 05.14.14.

1. SDN is made possible through member donations, sponsorships, and our volunteers. Learn about SDN's nonprofit mission.
  1. Anselmian

Anselmian 2+ Year Member

Pre-Dental
    I've been seeing around the forum that the Destroyer Gen-chem is complex calculation heavy and somewhat overkill. On that note I'll still use it and try to learn everything in there, but I'm wondering what percentage I should be getting correct by the end of this thing?

What percentage were you guys getting, and what did you get on the actual DAT?

Right now I'm right around 50% on my first run through.

2. SDN Members don't see this ad. About the ads.
  3. SmileDesignersDDS

SmileDesignersDDS

Pre-Dental
    You don't have to be exact in calculations lol

Dotoday likes this.
  4. SmileDesignersDDS

SmileDesignersDDS

Pre-Dental
    Learn to estimate

5. SmileDesignersDDS

SmileDesignersDDS

Pre-Dental
    For example if you wanna get the pH of a weak acid you don't do a nice table. You use the equation H+ = square root ( HA x KA). Then you take the negative log of H+. Memorize some Lewiston structures like SO3 Being planar and co2 being linear etc.

6. Dotoday

Dotoday 7+ Year Member

Try to get as much correct as possible. You never know what you may face during the DAT exam. Although hard math problems may seem overkill when you are studying, the real thing will seem easy. I think if you can do well on hard problems and math equations, then anything easier will just raise your score.

7. raptor93

raptor93 2+ Year Member

Pre-Dental
    GChem on the destroyer may be a little harder. When I started during my first run through I was getting anywhere from 8-15 wrong every 30 questions, and this was after watching all of chads videos. I ended up getting a 26 on the real thing though. I think you should study and do each problem though because its more of a psychological training, when your used to destroyer problems, the real exam should feel like it mocks your intelligence. If you don't used chads vids you should.

parvazi likes this.
  8. Anselmian

Anselmian 2+ Year Member

Pre-Dental
    Raptor93, Thank you for answering my original question. I really appreciate that.

As for everyone else, thank you for your feedback also and I'll continue to study destroyer and work hard to refine my gen chem skills!

I'd still like to know peoples destroyer percentages vs DAT scores if you guys know them!

9. skyguy1

skyguy1 5+ Year Member

Pre-Dental
    Hey, I just started going through some today after watching chads.... for my first 30 I got 19 right... some really stupid mistakes... but I think we're on the right path if we can get to 24/25 right out of 30 the 2nd time around (if we have time lol)

10. parvazi

parvazi 2+ Year Member

I'm on the same boat. I just finished reviewing my chads videos for the 2nd time (first time was a while ago and I forgot everything so I had to re-watch some more videos) and I still get 50% or sometimes even less on each set of Ochem questions (15/30) . I hope its normal cuz I'm really trippin :bang:

About the ads