Destroyer General Chemistry

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Lalibila

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does anyone else find the general chemistry section in DAT Destroyer especially difficult?

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Genchem gave me the most trouble when I went from watching Chad's videos to doing Destroyer problems. Here's how I broke down each problem:
  1. Identify which topic the question falls under (thermo, electro, etc.)
  2. Mentally pull up the formulas that are relevant to that topic
  3. Identify what the unknown of the question is
  4. Write down the things that are given in the question
  5. See which formulas can be used to solve for the unknown (sometimes you'll need to solve for variables using 2 or 3 different ones)
From there I would do as many practice problems as I could until the above method became natural when solving problems^

Reactions: 1 user
For the tenth time! DAT destroyer is NOT an overkill. The hardest question (imo) in destroyer Gen Chem section was on my DAT. The questions in destroyer are very similar to the real exam. And for OP, I would definitely watch Chad again just to make sure I got the basics down and then try to tackle destroyer again.

Reactions: 2 users
Partly, that is what destroyer is designed for. If all the questions on the DAT were straight forward everyone would score better. The tough questions are ones that throw you off just a little bit and bait you into the wrong answer. That is what destroyer is trying to prepare you for.