Destroyer, Kaplan, what to do first?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

uesider

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

Today in the mail I received my DAT Destroyer book in addition to the Kaplan DAT Course Materials. I already have the Kaplan Blue Book and Barron's.... and with all these books, I'm totally overwhelmed!!

I know people have said the Kaplan course is not helpful, but I think I need it for a structured class with homework, etc. I'm wondering if anyone can give me helpful info on attacking all of the material in front of me. Kaplan first, then Destroyer after? I start the Kaplan course first week in April and it lasts until Mid-May. I'm hoping to take the DAT end of June/early July.

Thanks for any insight!

Members don't see this ad.

I would do Destroyer after Kaplan. Kaplan gives a good framework which Destroyer expands upon. Just my opinion tho....hope that helps!
Scott

I agree with the above post.
I studied the Kaplan blue book for about a month, and sort of supplemented it with kap. subject tests. Starting the next month , I reviewed material I thought was hazy to me in Kaplan and started on Destroyer (finishing 100 or so questions in one section over 2 days) then starting on another (which I'm still doing). I kind of took Destroyer lightly at first, but theres a lot of useful stuff in there and you should have a decent grasp of the sciences b4 u hit destroyer. just my .02 on how i studied them. Gluck

Diffidently do Kaplan first to get the foundation.