1. This forum is for support and discussion only. Please promote test prep materials/services (including AMAs) in the Special Offers subforum only. Thanks!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, be sure to check out How To Get Into Dental School, our free downloadable PDF with step-by-step details for dental school applicants!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Last chance to give your feedback! Fill out the 2019 SDN Member Survey to let us know what's important to you (and win prizes!)

Destroyer, Kaplan, what to do first?

Discussion in 'DAT Discussions' started by uesider, Mar 8, 2007.

1. uesider

uesider Junior Member
    2+ Year Member

Pre-Dental
    Hi everyone,

Today in the mail I received my DAT Destroyer book in addition to the Kaplan DAT Course Materials. I already have the Kaplan Blue Book and Barron's.... and with all these books, I'm totally overwhelmed!!

I know people have said the Kaplan course is not helpful, but I think I need it for a structured class with homework, etc. I'm wondering if anyone can give me helpful info on attacking all of the material in front of me. Kaplan first, then Destroyer after? I start the Kaplan course first week in April and it lasts until Mid-May. I'm hoping to take the DAT end of June/early July.

Thanks for any insight!

2. scottyhoop

scottyhoop Member
    5+ Year Member

Dental Student
    I would do Destroyer after Kaplan. Kaplan gives a good framework which Destroyer expands upon. Just my opinion tho....hope that helps!
    Scott

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. DDSDakoo

10+ Year Member

I agree with the above post.
    I studied the Kaplan blue book for about a month, and sort of supplemented it with kap. subject tests. Starting the next month , I reviewed material I thought was hazy to me in Kaplan and started on Destroyer (finishing 100 or so questions in one section over 2 days) then starting on another (which I'm still doing). I kind of took Destroyer lightly at first, but theres a lot of useful stuff in there and you should have a decent grasp of the sciences b4 u hit destroyer. just my .02 on how i studied them. Gluck

4. Drill2Fill

Drill2Fill DentalStudentWannabe
    5+ Year Member

Pre-Dental
    Diffidently do Kaplan first to get the foundation.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. washingtonDAT

2+ Year Member

Pre-Dental
    Kaplan first dude