1. Guest, be sure to check out How To Get Into Dental School, our free downloadable PDF with step-by-step details for dental school applicants!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice

destroyer number 280

Discussion in 'DAT Discussions' started by pistolpete007, Jun 5, 2008.

1. pistolpete007

Pre-Dental
    why cant this be a nucleus?

2. Thread continues after this sponsor message. SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. Mamona

Pre-Dental
    Because it is a mature red blood cell, and remember red blood cell doesn't have nucleus,mitochondria.... just read the solution part....

4. pistolpete007

Pre-Dental
    i understand that a red blood cell doesnt....but the question said that this was taken from a mature WHITE blood cell...and wbc do have a nucleus

5. baedero1

Pre-Dental
    b/c lysosomes are very dark because of a specific stain that reacts with one of the products fo digestion within the lysosome. -campbell bio book

6. pistolpete007

Pre-Dental
    ok that mkaes sense.....however for if the "circle" was clear instead of dark would it be considered a nucleus...i guess what im saying is what would it have to look like for it to be a nucleus

7. Hugh Mannity

Pre-Dental
    It would not by white because the dye stains acidic organelles dark. The nucleus is acidic because of the nucleic ACIDS. It would probably be less dark and patchy and also with nucleolous.

8. Mamona

Pre-Dental
    I don't know about that!!!! I have destroyer December 2007 edition and the question still says a mature red blood cell. Probably if you have an older edition could be a typo...... if not the explanations written here are very good.