destroyer number 280

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

pistolpete007

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
why cant this be a nucleus?

Members don't see this ad.

Because it is a mature red blood cell, and remember red blood cell doesn't have nucleus,mitochondria.... just read the solution part....

i understand that a red blood cell doesnt....but the question said that this was taken from a mature WHITE blood cell...and wbc do have a nucleus

b/c lysosomes are very dark because of a specific stain that reacts with one of the products fo digestion within the lysosome. -campbell bio book

Members don't see this ad :)
ok that mkaes sense.....however for if the "circle" was clear instead of dark would it be considered a nucleus...i guess what im saying is what would it have to look like for it to be a nucleus

It would not by white because the dye stains acidic organelles dark. The nucleus is acidic because of the nucleic ACIDS. It would probably be less dark and patchy and also with nucleolous.

i understand that a red blood cell doesnt....but the question said that this was taken from a mature WHITE blood cell...and wbc do have a nucleus

I don't know about that!!!! I have destroyer December 2007 edition and the question still says a mature red blood cell. Probably if you have an older edition could be a typo...... if not the explanations written here are very good.