destroyer only for bio

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

polarmolar

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
It seems like the consensus among those who took the DAT is that Kaplan is enough for the ochem and gchem. So a mastery of Kaplan for those chemistry is sufficient.

With that in mind, do you guys think it would be a good idea use destroyer only for a bio supplement?

I think thats what imma do...

Members don't see this ad.

I wouldn't recommend it. I think at the VERY least you should have Kaplan and Destroyer. Try AP Cliff's or Barron's AP. Give those books a chance because destroyer does a great job in explaining answers but it is not as comprehensive in Bio IMO because they can ask you anything. You want to be as prepared as you can you know? Good luck :thumbup:

yea i agree...from peoples post there have been a few random bio questions on their DAT exam. i just picked up AP cliffs its only about 250 pages and im sure u can read that in 3days. good luck studying!

i thought destroyer helped me alot for ochem and gen chem esp. calculations with gen chem... liek 70% of my stuff was calculations i saw on destroyer. ochem the road maps are great too

Members don't see this ad :)
I see what you all are saying but get this:

In the time it would take me to do destroyer for ochem for example, I could master the Kaplan material. Same thing for gchem.

Better to focus on 1 resource 100% instead of 2 or more at 70% (especially if most people are saying that only the basics are showing up)

Yes but as Destroyer is far superior to Kaplans, if you ar going to use one resource, i would use destroyer. Kaplans is full of m istakes and is lacking alot of vitally important information and reactions. It is lacking in every section and is very poor in Orgo and Bio. You are making amistake if Kaplans is going to be your only source for the sciences, esp orgo and bio.

What I am currently doing to prepare myself for the Bio section is combining kaplan, cliffsAP bio, and destroyer. Kaplan is a good place to start for fundamentals and cliffsAP will supplement the concepts and details. Destroyer is very useful in picking out the details that you are lacking at.

What I am currently doing to prepare myself for the Bio section is combining kaplan, cliffsAP bio, and destroyer. Kaplan is a good place to start for fundamentals and cliffsAP will supplement the concepts and details. Destroyer is very useful in picking out the details that you are lacking at.

SCHAUM's BIO all the way!! i know it's tedious and hell to read, but honestly, u will be SO thankful! Destroyer offers GREAT ways to practice ur knowledge cuz of it's practice problems.

OC and GC: use kaplan, destroyer
Bio: Schaum's (NO KAPLAN, it's horrible), Destroyer, and use AP Cliffs to review before ur dat =)

totally agree