Destroyer Questions

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

D.D.S.

..Hopefully..
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, Back again with a few more questions:

An egg cell has 23 chromosomes, so therefore 46 chromatids??? Destroyer says there are only 23 chromatids. I thought 1 chromosome consisted of two chromatids?

During Hardy Weinberg problems, when they give you a specific value, how do I tell that its the p^2 value, or p value?

Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

Hey guys, Back again with a few more questions:

An egg cell has 23 chromosomes, so therefore 46 chromatids??? Destroyer says there are only 23 chromatids. I thought 1 chromosome consisted of two chromatids?

During Hardy Weinberg problems, when they give you a specific value, how do I tell that its the p^2 value, or p value?

Thanks

an egg has 23 chromosomes each consist of 23 chromatid afte going through two rounds of meisosis. meiosis one reduce 46 chromosomes to 23 each consist of 2 chromatids and meiosis II seperate sister chromatids. so we have 23 chromosomes each with one chromatid left

if it is the frequency of allele it is p but if its frequency of a phenotype it is p^2
hope it helps