Destroyer Road Maps

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

PrivateJoker

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
What have you found as the best way to memorize these road maps?
Do you write them over and over or look at them? do you learn them one at a time?
Did you write each reaction on a separate note card and study them that way?

Ive been contemplating the best way so if anyone has some insight that would be great. Thanks in advance.

Members don't see this ad.

I used notecards and also covered up the products as I went through them.

I just read another thread where the person made copies of the roadmaps and then whited out the products and wrote them in. Thought that was a good idea...

I plan on just writing out the road maps multiple times each and eventually they will stick.

I asked my O. Chem teacher what he thought would be the best way to study reactions and he told me physically writing out the reactions because when you do it that way you're learning it in two ways by reading it AND by writing it.

Members don't see this ad :)
Do the road maps come with the dat destroyer BASIC or do I have to buy the odyssey edition? Thanks!

i did what someone else suggested a while back, though it's a bit of work to set up... if you conveniently have a photocopier, i made photocopies of each of the roadmaps (in case you didn't see, there's another one on pg. 82, and an diazonium one somewhere around there too), white out the products, and then make photocopies of those. it was a lot more work for me though because a) too much whiteout and bottle was drying up on me, and b) the fumes! -- i cut out a little piece of paper and taped it over the product. overall, i think it was worth it though.

the Destroyer comes with the road maps, I believe they start with problem 138 on the answer choices, but i may be wrong. Just write each reaction out on paper or index cards. I did just that and memorized the maps with 2 days.

Thank you for the quick response! Do you guys feel that getting the new 2009 version is worth it if you already have the 07 version? Not sure if I should dish out the money.. Thanks!