Destroyer Road Maps

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Gail Wynand

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,

Do you feel that it is necessary to memorize the road maps in the DAT Destroyer? There are like 8 of them. It looks like overkill. But I am willing to do it (already memorized one of them) if it will get me a higher score on the OC section.

Members don't see this ad.

Hey guys,

Do you feel that it is necessary to memorize the road maps in the DAT Destroyer? There are like 8 of them. It looks like overkill. But I am willing to do it (already memorized one of them) if it will get me a higher score on the OC section.

Before I started studying for OC, I thought the road maps contained all these reactions that we have never seen before, and we would have to memorize them by... "memorizing".
However, after studying for ochem through Chad's videos, I realized I knew more than 90% of the reactions on the roadmap.
If you feel like the roadmap looks like a complete nonsense, I would suggest going back to re-studying Ochem. Also, if you go through the DAT destroyer once, you will be familiar with most of the reactions on the roadmap.
Personally, I don't think it's a overkill at all. It just seems like a table to remind us of all the reactions we have learned.

Before I started studying for OC, I thought the road maps contained all these reactions that we have never seen before, and we would have to memorize them by... "memorizing".
However, after studying for ochem through Chad's videos, I realized I knew more than 90% of the reactions on the roadmap.
If you feel like the roadmap looks like a complete nonsense, I would suggest going back to re-studying Ochem. Also, if you go through the DAT destroyer once, you will be familiar with most of the reactions on the roadmap.
Personally, I don't think it's a overkill at all. It just seems like a table to remind us of all the reactions we have learned.

Exactly right. After watching chad' ochem vids, roadmap was a breeze. Maybe a few reactions I have never seen before.

Wow. I guess Chad nails the OC. So far I've only watched his QR and GC. Right now I'm looking at those road maps like they are arabic. I'll start on Chad immediately and then hit the destroyer up. Thanks for the advice

Members don't see this ad :)
Wow. I guess Chad nails the OC. So far I've only watched his QR and GC. Right now I'm looking at those road maps like they are arabic. I'll start on Chad immediately and then hit the destroyer up. Thanks for the advice

How are his math vids? Does it help you with math destroyer

Yes lol. He is awesome. It helps get the concepts we learned from high school and freshmen college algebra back in your head.

Chad's videos are super helpful! I first decided to memorize them so made a bunch of little note cards. Then I watched Chad's videos and now don't need them :)