Destroyer

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Dr. Guitar

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello folks... I had a question today about my Destroyer and spoke with the folks on the phone.... They are honestly some of the nicest people to deal with. Seriously they went above and beyond anything expected. I got my book a while back and have been going over it. It is a tough/great review. I have not taken my exam yet, but I feel confident with the material covered. Thanks,
Dr. Guitar

Members don't see this ad.

nice to hear that! i just bought destroyer yesterday...it will be here in 3 days...what do you think about achiever & topscore pro?

Hey Mstoothlady2012, I have not used the Topscore or Achiever. I have heard that they are both good for a test simulation. I am using the Destroyer though for my sciences, and feel it is the real deal.

achiever is really good- topscore is too but destroyer is the best, the explanations are priceless!

Members don't see this ad :)
yea thts wht i read on other forums thts y i bought destroyer right away...but most people say tht its a good thing to know all the DAT material (like diff section) & then start the destroyer...so i was thinking that i will prepare myself wtih topscore pro & achiever first & then i will start destroyer...coz i heard destroyer takes u to a whole new level & its pretty hard.....
do u guys know where to buy topscore pro & achiever from? i searched amazon but all they show is bunch of cds...i dont even know if they come in books or cds & how much they cost....if any1 could help me out with that..that would be great
thnx!!!

yea thts wht i read on other forums thts y i bought destroyer right away...but most people say tht its a good thing to know all the DAT material (like diff section) & then start the destroyer...so i was thinking that i will prepare myself wtih topscore pro & achiever first & then i will start destroyer...coz i heard destroyer takes u to a whole new level & its pretty hard.....
do u guys know where to buy topscore pro & achiever from? i searched amazon but all they show is bunch of cds...i dont even know if they come in books or cds & how much they cost....if any1 could help me out with that..that would be great
thnx!!!

Hey guys, everything you guys posted about Destroyer is true... They are really awesome people and will go above and beyond to help you out in any way they can... I've been on the phone with Doc at 1am discussing what I did wrong on an organic chem problem... No other study aids can say that... Ok on to the material, You guys should definitely be studied up on your subjects (bio, chem, orgo, qr) before you start going through the destroyer material... Otherwise it will look like german.. It's not a refresher, but it is going to really challenge you to the limits and put your (previously acquired) knowledge to the test... plus point out A LOT of the mistakes your going to make (and trust me, your going to make a bunch of them, I fell into every single trap question in the destroyer...) but your supposed to, better to make the mistakes NOW and read the solution telling you WHY you just did that than to be sitting at that computer screen taking the real DAT making the mistake... As for the other study aids.. I used Kaplans blue book, it was a good overall review.. Good starting point and refresher, but very broad and general... when I wanted more info on a topic, I would hit the text books.. and to practice working with the test I used topscore, which as i've posted before, I really didnt like.. other than for getting the feel for sitting at the computer for 4 hrs straight and working under simulated test conditions, it wasnt much help.. the explanations are awful... I never used achiever so I cant comment... Hope that helps guys.. Best of luck tackling the beast... My last piece of advice for all you guys with the destroyer already, like I've said a dozen times before.. Get some cue cards and re-write every question in the bio section in destroyer... questions, answers, explanations and all... it took me a long long time to complete.. but when I was done and it came time for the real bio section, I ripped it a new one...

yeah, for the bio section alone what i did was retype all the explanations in factual bullet points and memorized them before i actually went through the questions, its not simply going through the questions but actually understanding the right answers that help!