1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, be sure to check out How To Get Into Dental School, our free downloadable PDF with step-by-step details for dental school applicants!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice
  4. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice

Destroyer

Discussion in 'DAT Discussions' started by DrRoyal Pains, Aug 1, 2011.

1. DrRoyal Pains

7+ Year Member

Dental Student
    How do you guys use destroyer? After going through some problems, do you make note of which questions you got wrong and write them down on a notecard? Or do you just keep trucking through the questions and hope to remember the question you got wrong and why it was wrong, in addition to understanding why a certain answer is correct?

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. jonishere5

Removed

Pre-Dental
    here's what I did: I use the eight week study program by dental works. I made flashcards of every question I got wrong, and divided them up into three stacks biology, general chemistry, and organic chemistry. Each day I reviewed a stack of flashcards. Now that I'm going through the second time I get about 90% of the questions correct.

4. DrRoyal Pains

7+ Year Member

Dental Student
    Alright, thanks dude.

5. nondescriptive

2+ Year Member

Dental Student
    I suggest only destroyer ochem. The other sections is just overkill. Use Chad's video.

6. DrRoyal Pains

7+ Year Member

Dental Student
    Thats pretty much the purpose of Destroyer, though. Thats why its such a great resource.

7. nondescriptive

2+ Year Member

Dental Student
    But I know I'm not that smart and can hold so much info. Whats the point of overkill if its not going to be on the test? For example, ICE chart using quadratic equation? Whats the point of that. Definitely will not be on the test.

Time would be better spent on Chad's video and I also use the ACS last year and remembered some of that.

8. crax

7+ Year Member

Pre-Dental
    i wrote down everything i came across in an old notebook. put "?"s in front of topics i had no clue, and then went back and reread the notebook of all the info! Would also elab on the notes with supplemental info.