I apologize for the following wall of text. I am going to poorly express the theories of Deborah Tannen, an anthropologist, to explain why we don't let you two talk about hardships of being a woman.
Here's a summary of what she claims (it's not a perfect description but it's interesting). It's soft science, so take from it what you will.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Difference_theory
My crappy summary:
Guy basic goal in conversation: prove I'm worth listening to.
Story time for application/amusement:
Girl in a relationship after long day with her boyfriend : this is the ultimate time to share, with the person you should have the most in common with (and who should trust and want to talk to most). So you talk about day, tell how you feel, etc.
Guy does not reciprocate (thinking the whole time "why the hell is she doing this, she knows I care about her and think she's awesome"). I'm with person I trust. Why should I talk? "my day was good."
Girl (thinking "that's it? I shared all this. He should share back! Does he not care? Does he really have nothing to say?")
Later, go over to friends house. Cue guy feeling need to do one up stuff in group. Guy tells funny story about his boss being a jerk that day. Girlfriend is annoyed. He should have shared that with her, because she is closer to him than them. Wtf is wrong with him?
Guy doesn't get it. He told a funny story, the group liked it. He won. Why is the girl mad? Why didn't she tell that story about the cool stuff at work to the group? She lost. Stupid girl.
Angry silence in car on ride home.
Fin.
So that's why we interrupt you, according to da batman.