Determining scores for sections on DAT.

Started by eric275
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

eric275

Prosthodontist
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I am currently preparing to take the DAT in early Sept. and I am working on VR. I am currently working through the Kaplan DAT book and doing the VR exercises. Is there any way to determine what the score would be on the DAT for doing a three passage test? Like what percent out of 50 questions = X score?

It doesn't have to exact but I am just trying to determine how well, or poorly 😀 , I am doing in this section so that I can plan my study schedule. It's just kind of hard not knowing what you scores equate to. I am not losing any sleep over the matter since I will be practicing much more between now and the DAT and taking actual full length practice tests, but if anyone had any info on the matter I would appricicate it.
 
eric275 said:
I am currently preparing to take the DAT in early Sept. and I am working on VR. I am currently working through the Kaplan DAT book and doing the VR exercises. Is there any way to determine what the score would be on the DAT for doing a three passage test? Like what percent out of 50 questions = X score?

It doesn't have to exact but I am just trying to determine how well, or poorly 😀 , I am doing in this section so that I can plan my study schedule. It's just kind of hard not knowing what you scores equate to. I am not losing any sleep over the matter since I will be practicing much more between now and the DAT and taking actual full length practice tests, but if anyone had any info on the matter I would appricicate it.

You can find this information listed in the sample test provided from the ADA.
If your looking for an 18 you would need to answer 40.2% correct, 19 = 53.4%, 20 = 67.5%, 21 = 77.9%, 22 = 85.9% and a 23 = 92.3%.....

Hope this helps 🙂
 
Tenacious said:
You can find this information listed in the sample test provided from the ADA.
If your looking for an 18 you would need to answer 40.2% correct, 19 = 53.4%, 20 = 67.5%, 21 = 77.9%, 22 = 85.9% and a 23 = 92.3%.....

Hope this helps 🙂

Exactly what I was looking for, thanks for the info 👍