1. Guest, be sure to check out How To Get Into Dental School, our free downloadable PDF with step-by-step details for dental school applicants!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice

detroit mercy waitlist

Discussion in 'Pre-Dental' started by bbman4606, Jun 16, 2008.

1. bbman4606

Does anyone know how much movement typically occurs or has occurred on Detroit Mercy's Waitlist already? Any input you guys could give would be appreciated.

2. Thread continues after this sponsor message. SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. UBCmicrobi

Pharmacy Student
    I have a friend who has been accepted to Detroit Mercy Dentistry for Fall 08. If you're asking because you are currently on the wait list, you'll be happy to know he is waiting to be accepted to a Canadian school, and when he does he'll drop Mercy. :)

4. DentAZ

Dental Student
    According to their interview request email, I believe it is between 8-30 people that they expect to pull from their alternate list after the class has been filled. There has been movement off of the alternate list already, but I don't know how much.

They continue to interview through the end of June, then they compile a ranked alternate list. At that point they actually go down the list. Until then the adcomm will choose anyone in any order from the alternate list.

5. bbman4606

Thanks for the replies. Anyone else have any insight?

6. UBCmicrobi

Pharmacy Student
    My friend was just accepted to U of T off the wait-list, so he is dropping Detroit Mercy, should be some movement.