Detroit Mercy

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Piston

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I got a letter for Detroit Mercy saying i need to send in 2 reference letters signed by science profs, but it doesnt say that anywhere on the aadsas website under there supplemental material. I already sent in my 4 reference letters to aadsas a long time ago, do i need to send additional letters just to Detroit Mercy?

Members don't see this ad.

They do require additional info that is in addition to AADSAS materials. But, didn't your AADSAS LOR's already include letters from 2 sciences profs? I would call to clarify what/why they need 2 more if you already sent them.

you have to send them "original copies"...the forwarded ones they get from AADSAS do not suffice...the same thing with transcripts...if you don't directly send them all your official transcripts your file will be put on hold...

I remember asking my LOR writers to mail the letters to two places, AADSAS and UDM...

Members don't see this ad :)
wait, I never got this letter.. I'm a little confused?

I do not believe this is true.... I just had an interview there and I never personally sent them my LORs... they had them from AADSAS... you just have to have included in your LORs 2 science profs and 1 dentist...call and ask them about your status/what they have if you are unsure. Transcripts, however, had to be sent to the school directly.

I do not believe this is true.... I just had an interview there and I never personally sent them my LORs... they had them from AADSAS... you just have to have included in your LORs 2 science profs and 1 dentist...call and ask them about your status/what they have if you are unsure. Transcripts, however, had to be sent to the school directly.

So i should send my transcript ASAP? or should i wait til fall update

call the school and ask them what they would prefer... b/c while sending it ASAP would speed things up, they go on break (the whole school) Dec 19th-Jan5th so it might not make a difference and they will want the updated grades anyway.

I got a letter for Detroit Mercy saying i need to send in 2 reference letters signed by science profs, but it doesnt say that anywhere on the aadsas website under there supplemental material. I already sent in my 4 reference letters to aadsas a long time ago, do i need to send additional letters just to Detroit Mercy?

The letters of reference must specifically state that they taught in in course X in department biology/physics/chemistry.

I had this issue with one of my letters, if this is the same one...?

Turns out i already submitted an official transcript, they haven't processed my app yet though.....

Interesting how bad my memory can be. Dah well... at least its done.