Detroit?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

cl9090

7+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
The interview is super relaxed! I enjoyed the school - very nice faculty and facilities. Detroit gets a bad rap - but the school is gated and has police monitoring it 24/7. The students seemed to really like it. It was a good experience.

Members don't see this ad :)
I stayed at the embassy suites near the airport. The whole day was a great experience. There's nothing to worry about

thank you guys. is the interview 2 on 1?

The interview is super relaxed! I enjoyed the school - very nice faculty and facilities. Detroit gets a bad rap - but the school is gated and has police monitoring it 24/7. The students seemed to really like it. It was a good experience.

how ghetto is the city for them to have it gated like that and have that many cops on the campus? worries me a little.

Reactions: 1 user
how ghetto is the city for them to have it gated like that and have that many cops on the campus? worries me a little.

As with any big city, as long as you're not stupid (walking alone, walking late at night), you will be fine. Detroit really isn't as horrible as it sounds. It is really turning around and there are a lot of students in the area (Wayne State Law and Med students, UDM students, etc.) - and plus, most kids commute from Royal Oak/Birmingham/surrounding areas. If you live outside of Detroit especially, you have nothing to worry about except for traffic. All classes/clinics are within the building - so you never have to leave the building during the day unless you want lunch or something!

http://abcnews.go.com/Business/worst-neighborhoods-violent-crime-us/story?id=19087850

I would recommend avoiding these places hahaha
I'm from a suburb in Detroit but haven't been there in probably 5-6 years since I now go to school out of state. Just watch your back. My parents got mugged there late at night, but that was over 20 years ago so things could have changed (and they weren't in a gated community or anything) I'm sure if your smart about it you'll be fine.

ugh....I should go to interview anyway, but things like that just make me not want to go.
How will I live in a place for 4 years where I will have to constantly look over my shoulder?
hm!