• SDN Site Updates

Hey everyone! The site will be down for approximately 2 hours on Thursday, August 5th for site updates.

ssg

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Jan 9, 2005
Status (Visible)
  1. Fellow [Any Field]
Hi,

I am just beginning my Step 1 prep. I wanted to start off by taking an exam to see what my strengths and weaknesses are. Does anyone know of something I could take? I know there are those NBME exams but you have to pay for them and I would rather take those at the end of my preparation. I would really appreciate any help. thanks.

md2bee

10+ Year Member
Feb 23, 2007
Status (Visible)
Hi,

What about one of the Kaplan practice tests? Do you plan on signing up for Qbank? I did that a little bit ago and it was a good introduction to get you scared and start studying. I agree, saving the NBME exams til later is a good idea.

ssg

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Jan 9, 2005
Status (Visible)
  1. Fellow [Any Field]
thanks for the advice...

by kaplan practice tests do you mean signing up for qbank and starting a random exam?

I wanted to take the CBT practice they have on usmle.org but I don't think that they offer you an assessment at the end with the subjects that you did well on and the ones you didn't do so well on, does anyone know if this is true?

Again I would appreciate any input. thanks.

This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.