diagnostic nbme

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Joker88

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey Guys,

I just took a diagnostic nbme to see how I would do without studying. I got really slammed. 160 cbse (140 usmle score). I was going to start studying in jan. what should i do? Am I in really bad shape for this?

Members don't see this ad.

Hey Guys,

I just took a diagnostic nbme to see how I would do without studying. I got really slammed. 160 cbse (140 usmle score). I was going to start studying in jan. what should i do? Am I in really bad shape for this?
When are you taking your test, which nbme did you take?

I think you'll be fine. Did you take the diagnostic serious and actually tried on it?

Members don't see this ad :)
I was trying but I kind of gave up during the test. I felt like there was a lot I couldnt recall. I tried to take it as seriously as possible but tapered off as the exam went on.

That probably has a lot to do with your score. I wouldn't worry. Give yourself a 2 weeks full of good studying and then take another practice one. What is your study schedule like? how many weeks/months are you allocating to study? is this uninterrupted time or do you have classes still?

Our school has us usually take the test in June and my class run till end of april. Im basically allocating about 7 pages of FA/day and annotating with UW/Pathoma. Im trying to get one run through done by the time classes begin. I started last week but only finished the section today. I'm probably studying about 3 hrs a day or so right now. We have about 6-7 weeks after classes are done to study too.

Haha you have more than enough time, especially if you don't take your exam until June. Honestly, if you start studying now, you're going to forget a lot of what you learned by the time you actually sit down for the 6-7 weeks to study. I think the best thing for you to do now, is to study hard for the classes you have left and learn all that you can from them now so that when you are actually studying for step 1, those topics will come easier to you.