Diagnostic Scores and Final Results

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Peaches&Pearls

Full Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hello everyone!,
My question is in regard to practice test/section scores and actual preformance on the MCAT. My biggest problem area is physical science, and on AAMC physical science test I used as a diagnostic I scored a 125. I haven't done content review and I did recognized the formulas and information I didnt know which is why I couldnt answer some questions. Do you all think its possible to get a 129 in this section? I plan on studying for 6 months.
 
Hello everyone!,
My question is in regard to practice test/section scores and actual preformance on the MCAT. My biggest problem area is physical science, and on AAMC physical science test I used as a diagnostic I scored a 125. I haven't done content review and I did recognized the formulas and information I didnt know which is why I couldnt answer some questions. Do you all think its possible to get a 129 in this section? I plan on studying for 6 months.

It's definitely possible, especially if you haven't done any review. PS was also my toughest & lowest section. The highest I got on the PS section practice test was a 123 or 124 & I did better than that on test day. You just have to do your content review (but don't drag it on too long) & use all the practice tests you can to get comfortable with the test.
 
It's definitely possible, especially if you haven't done any review. PS was also my toughest & lowest section. The highest I got on the PS section practice test was a 123 or 124 & I did better than that on test day. You just have to do your content review (but don't drag it on too long) & use all the practice tests you can to get comfortable with the test.
Thanks I will totally key in on content review! overall I got a 503 on the diagnostic w/o content review. My goals score is a 518. Im think will be able to make it possibly with the 6 months Im giving myself. Hopefully.
 
Thanks I will totally key in on content review! overall I got a 503 on the diagnostic w/o content review. My goals score is a 518. Im think will be able to make it possibly with the 6 months Im giving myself. Hopefully.
This is late but if you used the Kaplan diagnostic you should know that your score is deflated. I had a 497 on my diagnostic and scored a 510 on my first AAMC practice test not too long afterwards.
I had a 518 on the MCAT