Diagnostic test

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

pbehzad

Faddayy
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I just got my Kaplan diagnostic score back, and was wondering how much most people improve from their baseline score on the real thing? I've heard that generally people dude at least 10 points higher with the Kaplan course, but I'm just wanted to know what people thought. I know alot of things are dependent upon the score such as the amount of studying one does, but if you had an idea, I'd appreciate it.

Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

My score on the real MCAT went up by almost 10 points from the diagnostic. It's a good idea to let the daignostic scare you, though. Use it as motivation to study.

I remember my first diagnostic tests. They were free, provided by PR and Kaplan, so I think that they were purposely made to be difficult. I scored a 19 on my PR test, and a 21 on my Kaplan test. When I started the Kaplan course, I started off having trouble breaking thirty with several tests in the mid twenties in the beginning. I think that my highest score on the practice test was a 32. I ended up with a 36 on my actual test. I think that the norm is for most people to score 2-3 points higher then they did on the Kaplan diagnostic tests (unless you freak out I guess).

Members don't see this ad :)
Originally posted by Bones2008
My score on the real MCAT went up by almost 10 points from the diagnostic. It's a good idea to let the daignostic scare you, though. Use it as motivation to study.

i totally agree........my diagnostic score was 14 points lower than my actual one. as bone's said, it definately makes an impactful reality check :horns:

Thanks for the responses. They were quite relieving.

what about the opposite, any idea what I can expect after doing well on the diagnostic? Anyone else get a good score on the diagnostic, but still improved even more for the real thing?

Originally posted by skiracer123
what about the opposite, any idea what I can expect after doing well on the diagnostic? Anyone else get a good score on the diagnostic, but still improved even more for the real thing?

Yup. I know people who started off well and kept going up. My Kaplan teacher actually started with a 33 and ended with a 43...anything is possible haha...

I went up 15 points. The diagnostic is meant to scare you, so let it, and be scared. Because if you don't study, then you'll get the same exact score that you got on your diagnostic!!!!!!!

(that was just meant to frighten you. Now go read! :))

-Ice

Originally posted by skiracer123

depends what you mean by 'well'. i got a 28 on kaplan's diagnostic and ended up with a 37 on the real thing. kaplan's full-length tests were pretty good predictors of my score (my scores ranged from 34-38)