Diagnostic Testing for Psychiatric Disorders

Started by ISU_Steve
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

ISU_Steve

Cranky old man
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I hope you all don't mind me coming over to pick your brains. I am a psychology major (second semester) and I have been given a task by my professor who is helping me in my attempts to set up a research project and I need to find out what the best screening tests for anxiety and obsessive-compulsive disorders are.

Basically, if you were to attempt to determine the frequency of a disorder among a subset of medical patients what standard measures would you utilize? How do you interpret them?

Also are there screening tests for psychological dependence upon a medication?

I apologize for all the questions. I would really appreciate any help you all can offer. Thanks.