diagnostic tests vs. actaul exam

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Commodore43

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
hi everyone,

for those of you who already have your scores, how much did your diagnostic tests from the pearson website or kaplan program, line up with your actual pcat exam? i took the kaplan diagnostic about a week ago, and i'm curious to see whether or not its a good indicator for my score. thanks

Members don't see this ad.

I took the Kaplan course and I actually did much better on the actual PCAT than my diagnostic.

Comments like this make me feel very good, as I did damn good on my Kaplan tests. My diagnostic was good, midterm was better, and final was even better.
I'd love to help with the original question, but I'm still waiting on scores with everyone else.

Members don't see this ad :)
anyone have any additional info on this since the june scores have been released?

thanks

I took the Kaplan course - I did about as well percentile-wise on most subsections as I did on the PCAT final. My composite percentile however most closely correlated with the Kaplan diagnostic.

I found the Kaplan midterm to be insanely easy and was never able to duplicate the high subsection scores I got there. For example, the Kaplan midterm quant section is heavy on the calculus - which I pwn - so my quant score on that test was like 95%ile or something crazy like that.

Well I took the pearsons exams before my october exam. The scores were fairly similar although i believe i was on the higher side of the projection. I left my actually test in a foul mood because I felt I didnt have enough time on any of the actual sections compared to the pearsons when i had plenty of time left over. I felt most of the time lost was due to pressure and how much time time it took to actually bubble in a scantron vs taking a single click on the pearson online exam. However, I scored a 90+ on my real exam and my projection was somewhere in the 80s.

My kaplan tests put me ~95th percentile composite. My PCAT composite ended up being 93 percentile.
The pearson practice tests also put me in the higher range, 80-100.

The only thing that didn't really correlate was that my quantitative score was lower (64%) than the practice tests said, and my reading (79%) was slightly lower.

hi everyone,

for those of you who already have your scores, how much did your diagnostic tests from the pearson website or kaplan program, line up with your actual pcat exam? i took the kaplan diagnostic about a week ago, and i'm curious to see whether or not its a good indicator for my score. thanks

My Pearson diagnostic put me MUCH lower than my actual...about 20% lower. That completely freaked me out. My Kaplan diagnostic was much closer to actual, although I felt like the Pearson questions were much more similar to the actual PCAT.