Did anyone apply to Idaho State University?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

audiologygirl

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I applied to Idaho State University, but I haven't heard anything back yet at all. I was thinking of giving them a call tomorrow. Good/bad idea?

Also, does anyone know anything about the program, or about the area? I can't seem to find anyone who goes there or has applied!:confused:

Members don't see this ad.

the schools i've contacted have been friendly about letting me know when they will send decisions.

Thanks! :)
I decided to go ahead and give them a call. They said that they still hadn't made their decisions yet but it should be any day now. Just thought I'd share that with anyone else who may be waiting to hear from ISU! Good luck with decision-making, everyone!

Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks for the info, it was really helpful. I also applied to ISU, I am biting my nails waiting for the mail everyday. I wonder if a lot of people applied!!

Thanks for the info, it was really helpful. I also applied to ISU, I am biting my nails waiting for the mail everyday. I wonder if a lot of people applied!!

No problem! :) I looked on ASHA's website and ISU's stats from last year said that 23 people applied, and 13 got offers. I believe ISU has 7 seats available per year (according to the ISU audiology program's web page), so that's pretty good odds! Is that where you're hoping to go?

I already got rejected from Utah State and am waiting for four more reply, I'm just hoping to get into any school right now!!

Hey,
I applied to Idaho State University and I received my letter of acceptance last week. After much thought I have decided not to attend their AuD program as I have family near other programs I applied to. Wishing you the best of luck!

I applied at Idaho State Univ as well and I am waiting to see if I got in. I know this is an old post but do you remember when they sent your letter of acceptance? Does anyone else know more about the program and the area? Any insight would be greatly appreciated :xf:

I'm almost done with my 4th year at Idaho State. The program is awesome. It's intimate and the profs are all very easy to talk to and will work with you if your having trouble. The one thing thats a little bit of a hassle is having to move 4 hours away for your 3rd year in Boise. The university town is too small to support your rotations in the third year so you will be at a satellite campus. It's ok though as you will be ready to move on and it makes the year fly by.

I turned down Arizona State and after speaking with many other students have felt that I had a very good experience. It's a small program but you would be glad you went there.

Just my opinion

A couple of 2nd year students told me it was intimate, professors are great, I think there's a lot of focus on pediatrics. Also, there is not much going on in the area so no distractions.