Did Anyone Attend Open Houses This Summer????

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

spunk11

Wishing for PCOM
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
What open houses/informational sessions did everyone attend this summer?
The only one that I attended was PCOM
(it is my number 1 choice :love: )
Those of you that attended one, what are your opinions? Did it change your impression of the school? Do you think it was worthwhile?

Just curious!! :D SPUNKY

Members don't see this ad.

Anyone attend open houses!?!??!

I went to MSUCOM open house last april and I really liked it. I think the campus is beautiful and the people there seemed really nice. The presentations that they did impressed me. As of now its my number one choice.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hello...I went to a TCOM info session last Friday. I was really impressed with the facilities- the lecture halls and other classrooms we saw were very nice (sparkly clean, comfy chairs). The campus is right in the cultural district of Fort Worth, and there were some great views from the upper floors. The anatomy lab was incredible! They have a Mac at every station, and each was equipped with an amazing program using images from Netters (designed by the TCOM professors- no other school has it)!

I was most impressed, however, by the faculty, staff, and students we met during the day. Every single person was warm and welcoming, and willing to answer any questions about the school. We even had an enlightening q&a with three members of the admissions committee. The committee members really emphasized that they look at the WHOLE package of an applicant. They also want to see that the applicant has put time and thought into the decision to become a physician (and that the decision was made for the right reasons).

We met some second-year students, a recent grad who has just begun her internship, and pre-doc fellowship student. You could tell how much they loved going to TCOM- they were excited and enthusiastic about the school and about osteopathic medicine.

You can pm me if you have specific questions, and also check out Kim Higgins last entry at med school diaries- she gave a great detailed description of the day.

:)

Thanks! It was nice to hear everyone's opinions!!
Good Luck in the application process!! :)