1. Guest, be sure to check out How To Get Into Dental School, our free downloadable PDF with step-by-step details for dental school applicants!
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Did anyone else get this from Marquette on AADSAS?

Discussion in 'Pre-Dental' started by Lake Powell Lvr, Dec 2, 2005.

1. Lake Powell Lvr

5+ Year Member

AADSAS was just updated, saying they haven't made a decision and they will make it at a subsequent meeting... what does that mean? Waitlisted???

Here's the exact wording:
    "Applicant's file has received an initial review from the Admissions Committee, but a final decision has not yet been made. The file remains active in our applicant pool. A decision will be rendered at a subsequent meeting of the committee."

2. Gargamel

Gargamel Senior Member
    5+ Year Member

Pre-Dental
    Me too. Have you interviewed there? I’m hoping it means they want to see how many people accept before the next round. But what it actually means I don’t know.

3. tiny2533

tiny2533 Senior Member
    5+ Year Member

I got the same thing. All this means is you didnt make the cut for the first wave of acceptances. I called them and they said the committee will meet again in Jan. and then start with the second wave. Your file is still active meaning you still got a chance. Hopefully all the first wave applicants dont want to go to marquette.

4. Lostinbul

Lostinbul Pray'n for a letter!
    5+ Year Member

I got the same update! I am hoping that means we might have a good chance for next round! Anyway, I guess time will tell!

5. ltb

ltb Member
    Dentist 7+ Year Member

Dentist
    I have this on mine, but it's the first update they made on AADSAS. My application was mailed out late, so I'm guessing I completely missed a chance at the first wave (I haven't been offered an interview - I just received the secondary application last week).

6. coreyb

coreyb Dentist
    10+ Year Member

Dentist
    Yep, I got the same update from Marquette.

At least they're updating!! Most schools on my AADSAS list haven't done any updating at all.

7. TimR

TimR Senior Member
    5+ Year Member

according to the amissions director there, they really try hard to fill their class up on dec 1st. I know of quite a few people with decent stats that are getting no love from marquette, which is deceiving when you look at their avg stats for incoming classes.
    Anyway, If i had to guess I would just say that they will wait to see how many deposits they get, then they will look at your (you all) and any new competitive apps and fill the rest of the class.

I think brian said they want to have it all finished up by march.

good luck to you all.