Did anyone else get this from Marquette on AADSAS?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Lake Powell Lvr

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
AADSAS was just updated, saying they haven't made a decision and they will make it at a subsequent meeting... what does that mean? Waitlisted???

Here's the exact wording:
"Applicant's file has received an initial review from the Admissions Committee, but a final decision has not yet been made. The file remains active in our applicant pool. A decision will be rendered at a subsequent meeting of the committee."

Members don't see this ad.

Me too. Have you interviewed there? I’m hoping it means they want to see how many people accept before the next round. But what it actually means I don’t know.

I got the same thing. All this means is you didnt make the cut for the first wave of acceptances. I called them and they said the committee will meet again in Jan. and then start with the second wave. Your file is still active meaning you still got a chance. Hopefully all the first wave applicants dont want to go to marquette.

Members don't see this ad :)
Lake Powell Lvr said:
AADSAS was just updated, saying they haven't made a decision and they will make it at a subsequent meeting... what does that mean? Waitlisted???

Here's the exact wording:
"Applicant's file has received an initial review from the Admissions Committee, but a final decision has not yet been made. The file remains active in our applicant pool. A decision will be rendered at a subsequent meeting of the committee."

I got the same update! I am hoping that means we might have a good chance for next round! Anyway, I guess time will tell!

I have this on mine, but it's the first update they made on AADSAS. My application was mailed out late, so I'm guessing I completely missed a chance at the first wave (I haven't been offered an interview - I just received the secondary application last week).

Yep, I got the same update from Marquette.

At least they're updating!! Most schools on my AADSAS list haven't done any updating at all.

according to the amissions director there, they really try hard to fill their class up on dec 1st. I know of quite a few people with decent stats that are getting no love from marquette, which is deceiving when you look at their avg stats for incoming classes.
Anyway, If i had to guess I would just say that they will wait to see how many deposits they get, then they will look at your (you all) and any new competitive apps and fill the rest of the class.

I think brian said they want to have it all finished up by march.

good luck to you all.