Did anyone here already have their interview at SUNY?

This forum made possible through the generous support of
SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

kenstyle

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I feel like an absolute idiot for asking as I misplaced the paper where I wrote down my interview time...but what time does the interview start?

I'm stressing out here trying to find that piece of paper :mad: :scared: :scared: :scared:

The confirmation letter they sent me didn't state the time either but only the date of the interview..help guys? :oops:

Members don't see this ad.

kenstyle said:
I feel like an absolute idiot for asking as I misplaced the paper where I wrote down my interview time...but what time does the interview start?

I'm stressing out here trying to find that piece of paper :mad: :scared: :scared: :scared:

The confirmation letter they sent me didn't state the time either but only the date of the interview..help guys? :oops:

hey ....no need to freak out.......when i called and scheduled my interview the secretary lady told me the time but i wasnt really paying attn for some reason and i figured it would be in the confirmation letter but it wasn't......so i just called and said i wanted to confirm my interview ...and she told me again what time i should be there.......its no problem.......just call the lady i think here name was Ellen or maybe Eileen whatever......she'll tell you...she's really nice btw...........dont worry.......and good luck :)

Yeah I've been calling their office and apparently I guess everyone's already gone for the day.

My interview is sometime on Monday morning and I'm flying in on Sunday, and I doubt anybody is going to be in their office this weekend. :(

I remember writing down the time like at 8:30 or 9:30, but if all goes worse I'm going to show up at 8 am.

Where are the interviews conducted? In the Admissions office?

I've never been to SUNY and this would save me a lot of time if I know where exactly to show up.

Thanks guys! :)

Members don't see this ad :)
so NOBODY knows what time the interview starts? :scaredy:

kenstyle said:
Yeah I've been calling their office and apparently I guess everyone's already gone for the day.

My interview is sometime on Monday morning and I'm flying in on Sunday, and I doubt anybody is going to be in their office this weekend. :(

I remember writing down the time like at 8:30 or 9:30, but if all goes worse I'm going to show up at 8 am.

Where are the interviews conducted? In the Admissions office?

I've never been to SUNY and this would save me a lot of time if I know where exactly to show up.

Thanks guys! :)

I had my interview back in December and mine was scheduled for 9am; however, you are asked to show up about 20 min before to write your essay (takes about 10 min max). You should be finished with the interview sometime around 1:30pm.
The school is located in Midtown Manhattan, about 2 blocks from Grand Central and about a block from Times Square. Its location is in a rather popular area for tourists, so you should have no problems at all trying to find the school. It's located on 42nd street between 5th and 6th avenue. The streets and avenues are really easy to learn. If I were you and since you have never been to NYC, Sunday night you should walk around and familiarize yourself with the area and make sure you can find your way. Hope this helps! Good luck!

Rebecca1234 said:
I had my interview back in December and mine was scheduled for 9am; however, you are asked to show up about 20 min before to write your essay (takes about 10 min max). You should be finished with the interview sometime around 1:30pm.
The school is located in Midtown Manhattan, about 2 blocks from Grand Central and about a block from Times Square. Its location is in a rather popular area for tourists, so you should have no problems at all trying to find the school. It's located on 42nd street between 5th and 6th avenue. The streets and avenues are really easy to learn. If I were you and since you have never been to NYC, Sunday night you should walk around and familiarize yourself with the area and make sure you can find your way. Hope this helps! Good luck!

One more thing, when you walk into the building, there will be a desk receptionist. Just tell him/her that you are there for an interview with admissions and they will tell you where to go. Real Simple!

Rebecca1234 said:
One more thing, when you walk into the building, there will be a desk receptionist. Just tell him/her that you are there for an interview with admissions and they will tell you where to go. Real Simple!

Thanks for the information Rebecca! I really appreciate it! :thumbup:

As my luck may have it, my flight on Sunday morning got cancelled due to "severe weather conditions" :mad: :mad: :mad:

Now I'm waiting on the Jetblue phoneline for the next available agent. :(

I hope I can still make my interview on monday.

kenstyle said:
Thanks for the information Rebecca! I really appreciate it! :thumbup:

As my luck may have it, my flight on Sunday morning got cancelled due to "severe weather conditions" :mad: :mad: :mad:

Now I'm waiting on the Jetblue phoneline for the next available agent. :(

I hope I can still make my interview on monday.
I hope your flight plans work out, but if they don't (we're supposed to have a humungo storm tonight and tomorrow :eek: ), don't stress about it -- Dr. Johnston and the admissions office are very nice, and I'm sure they'll do everything they can to make arrangements for another interview. Good luck! :luck:

Yeah so I read that the snowstorm in NYC is showing record breaking numbers. :eek:

I also read a report today that a plane skidded off JFK airport but thankfully nobody was hurt. :scared: :eek: