Did anyone interview for the postbacc program at Wayne State

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

heymisslady

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I interviewed for the post bacc program yesterday and would like to know how everyone feels about their interview experience. I am praying that we all get in

Members don't see this ad.

heymisslady said:
I interviewed for the post bacc program yesterday and would like to know how everyone feels about their interview experience. I am praying that we all get in

Are you talking about the BMS MS program?

There are a few different programs.
Do you have your pre-req's done?

I was accepted w/o interview.

It's not the same as the BMS program. Good luck with BMS!!!

Members don't see this ad :)
heymisslady said:
It's not the same as the BMS program. Good luck with BMS!!!

What is teh post-bac program about?
How does it differ from the BMS program?
What have you heard about the BMS program?

Ah! Back to the sanity of Detroit in 16 days!

911med, how long did it take them to evaluate your application and accept you to the BMS program. I submitted my app a couple of weeks ago and still have not heard anything.

Laz said:
911med, how long did it take them to evaluate your application and accept you to the BMS program. I submitted my app a couple of weeks ago and still have not heard anything.
Laz,
I would call Dr. McCoy at the med school. PM me and I'll give you his # if you need it.
Your in state right? - PLUS if memory serves, you have "should get in this year" stats. I wouldn't sweat it. I know that they only take around 40 students or so - they were at 33 in May. Persistence is always the key.
911Med.

The post-bacc progrm is for disadvantaged students. You take some of the same courses as MS 1's but not as intensed. They take in 16 students each year. When you are rejected from med school, they forward your app to post-bacc and then they make determine if you qualify. Afterwards you fill out another application (I think it's equivalent to a secondary) and if they are still interested they call you for an interview. I was #17, so I am praying that someone drops. :scared: