Did anyone use Kaplan Step 2 videos?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

nope80

Resident
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Has anyone actually taken the class and used the videos? I like videos in general but checked online and its over 3k for the class!!! For people that took it, was it worth it???

Members don't see this ad.

Has anyone actually taken the class and used the videos? I like videos in general but checked online and its over 3k for the class!!! For people that took it, was it worth it???

I took the Step 1 class. One thing I can say is that I lucked out big time in the biochem lectures...the vids had some geek from seattle teaching it, but I ended up getting Dr. Sam Turco in the live lectures. I've sung his praises throughout these forums before, he is a biochem teaching god. However, this isn't enough for me to justify the cost/time of the Kaplan lecture series.

Overall, if I could go back I would probably not have taken the Step 1 lecture series. The time and money you spend can be better used doing UWorld and looking up your weaknesses in Kaplan books if you really are in love with the Kaplan series. Bear in mind that the Step 2 situation might be different.