Did I apply to enough schools?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ryancord

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Here's my situation:

I submitted my application in early July to "get the ball rolling" and completed my DAT Sept. 30.

I turned in all the secondary apps, fees, etc. to all the schools that asked and am hoping to hear something in the next month or two as far as interviews (thinking positive!!).

I'm now wondering if I should apply to a few more schools to increase my chances of acceptance.

Another thing than concerns me is that I am hoping that they will want to see the classes I have completed since my application as I have 4 science pre-requisites that I earned about a 3.8 GPA on. I listed them on the application as courses in progress.With that, that puts my science GPA at 3.4-3.5 whereas before it was around 3.1.

My cumulative gpa is 3.2 and I scored a 21AA/21TS /22 PA.

Any/all your thoughts would be most appreciated.

I applied to the following schools:

UW
ASDOH
Midwestern
Western
USC
UoP
UNLV
Nova
NYU
BU
Howard

Members don't see this ad.

Well you dont have any interviews yet right since you just submitted? Personally I would do more but its up to you

Applying to more schools doesn't necessarily increase your chances of getting in. It's applying to the right schools. Apply to one's you actually think you can get into. Also, just because they have low averages does not mean you are guaranteed. ASDOH and Tennessee are two misleading schools for example.

The above choices look solid.

Members don't see this ad :)
Applying to more schools doesn't necessarily increase your chances of getting in. It's applying to the right schools. Apply to one's you actually think you can get into. Also, just because they have low averages does not mean you are guaranteed. ASDOH and Tennessee are two misleading schools for example.

The above choices look solid.

I agree!!! Choose the schools that take more out-of-states students if you're applying oos. The schools that accept the DAT scores and GPAs that you've earned. Those are the 2 main factors that I consider the most!!!:D

yeah, I don't have any interviews yet but I'm thinking that if I wait to see if I get interviews, then it will definitely be too late to even consider applying to more schools at that point.

I believe UCSF already passed their application deadline. I'm a washington resident so I'm thinking of putting out a few more apps to oos friendly schools where my averages are in line...