Did I just destroy my chances this cycle?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Afghan_Prince

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was going over my application again after I submitted and I realized I made a boneheaded mistake. I had written about my 3 most meaningful experiences, but I accidentally left one out! Meaning I only submitted my application with two. Still wrote about the other one but its not designated as a meaningful experience. How bad is this guys?

Members don't see this ad.

I should mention that while it was meaningful, in terms of ranking it was my least -most meaningful experience. The meat and potatoes were the other two that I did submit.

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm not sure. They have pretty detailed policies outlined in their guide that states what can or cannot be changed. If they tell you that it can't be changed, ask them if you can withdraw your application and resubmit it.

• Dislike
Reactions: 3 users
You cannot withdraw your app and resubmit - DO NOT TRY THIS. You won’t be able to submit again and will have to wait until next cycle to apply. Honestly it’s probably not a big deal, don’t stress. What’s done is done. The activity is still there and counts even if it doesn’t have the extra essay.

Reactions: 5 users
I'm not sure. They have pretty detailed policies outlined in their guide that states what can or cannot be changed. If they tell you that it can't be changed, ask them if you can withdraw your application and resubmit it.

Says its ready for review. My understanding was that withdrawing ends it for that cycle doesn't it?

Reactions: 1 user
You cannot withdraw your app and resubmit - DO NOT TRY THIS. You won’t be able to submit again and will have to wait until next cycle to apply. Honestly it’s probably not a big deal, don’t stress. What’s done is done. The activity is still there and counts even if it doesn’t have the extra essay.

Thank you! That actually makes me feel a lot better. Yeah I was just thinking about that actually because I recall that ends the cycle. I definitely won't be doing that. I sent them an email anyways, so we'll see. Even then, you're right. Its best to just work on my secondaries as best I can when I get them I guess.

Thank you! That actually makes me feel a lot better. Yeah I was just thinking about that actually because I recall that ends the cycle. I definitely won't be doing that. I sent them an email anyways, so we'll see. Even then, you're right. Its best to just work on my secondaries as best I can when I get them I guess.
You can always talk more about that activity if you can find a way to incorporate it in your secondaries too! It’s hard not to stress over little things, but I don’t think missing it has a negative impact at all. Good luck in your cycle!!

Says its ready for review. My understanding was that withdrawing ends it for that cycle doesn't it?

I believe that is the case but I’m not sure if there is an override for that. I also don’t think it’s a big deal to only have 2 meaningful experiences.

Reactions: 1 users
Once you withdraw, your cycle is indeed over.

Reactions: 1 users
DOA for not clicking that little box...

Just kidding. Sure you lose out on some extra characters, but that likely will not make a significant impact. Most of those extra characters I have read start reading more like fluff than anything substantial. Some reviewers may be happy you did not add more fluff. Many reviewers probably won't notice that you only had 2 after they just finished reading 200 other ones. Some reviewers may notice, then look over your other ECs and realize a mistake was made. I'd just roll with it. You could just speak to it more in secondaries, but that would distract from your more substantial most meaningful activities.

I was going over my application again after I submitted and I realized I made a boneheaded mistake. I had written about my 3 most meaningful experiences, but I accidentally left one out! Meaning I only submitted my application with two. Still wrote about the other one but its not designated as a meaningful experience. How bad is this guys?
You are only required to have one Most Meaningful experience, so it won't be missed. AMCAS will not allow you to belatedly add one in.

Reactions: 3 users
Thank you for all of the responses guys! This is some really good info.