did i submit fafsa too late?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Delilah

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
My fafsa was processed on 3/25. i have 2 acceptances (in january) and 2 waitlists. will the fact that i didn't get it in earlier compromise the amount of aid i'm eligible for?

Members don't see this ad.

slfkjcvnszfhskdajfnl;sdafnl;sdagkf

yes, for some schools because I know for me personally, a lot of the deadlines were on March 1st.

Members don't see this ad :)
yes, for some schools because I know for me personally, a lot of the deadlines were on March 1st.

I had an interview on March 10th with a school whose deadline was March 1st; however, the financial aid adviser said just to file ASAP and didn't act like you would be hurt by the late submission.

Also, I'm waiting to hear back from 2 schools and still haven't filled out a fafsa yet and probably won't. I suppose for the first year is on me!

Well I just got an email from my 1 acceptance and they want fafsa and some other docs completed by April 28th. check with the schools

I personally think March 1st is so early, esp when you parents can't seem to understand that potential grants are riding on their taxes (they are going to H&R block this weekend.. not back in January like I told them too). /vent

My school's deadline is 4/1, and while I submitted my FAFSA mid-March, they didn't receive a copy of my taxes until 3/27 or so. I can only hope it's all considered on-time >).

FA offices are slow as molasses. It's likely they don't even look at your file until this month. You probably won't have any chance of scholarships or campus based aid anyway. Either way you'll get your stafford loans like the rest of us. Unless of course your parents have no money and you didn't work last year.

FA offices are slow as molasses. It's likely they don't even look at your file until this month. You probably won't have any chance of scholarships or campus based aid anyway. Either way you'll get your stafford loans like the rest of us. Unless of course your parents have no money and you didn't work last year.

Oh, so true. My school technically has a priority deadline of March 1, but we never get our awards until mid to late May. I know lots of people who submitted way later than that, and it was just fine. So yeah, it's good to follow the deadlines, but if you miss 'em, it probably doesn't mean much.