Did Rowan SOM lose it's IM residency and its fellowships?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Doctor_Strange

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I can't find a thing about the program. I was interested in applying to their cardiology fellowship particularly since they were DO-friendly.

Appreciate any insight -- I interviewed with them for residency a few years back. Not sure what happened...?
 
I can't find a thing about the program. I was interested in applying to their cardiology fellowship particularly since they were DO-friendly.

Appreciate any insight -- I interviewed with them for residency a few years back. Not sure what happened...?
Check virtua.org or the ACGME Accreditation Data System for the IM program. Accredited Jan 20 2023 under Virtua with a relationship to Rowan University. PD assigned 1/30/2023.... no current residents. No related Cardiology fellowship.

Or check Cooper Medical School of Rowan University/Cooper University Hospital for IM and Cardiology.
Core Program [ 330465 ] Cooper Medical School of Rowan University/Cooper University Hospital
Internal Med [ 1403321227 ] Cooper Medical School of Rowan University/Cooper University Hospital Program
Cardiology [1413321240] Cooper Medical School of Rowan University/Cooper University Hospital Program
 
Check virtua.org or the ACGME Accreditation Data System for the IM program. Accredited Jan 20 2023 under Virtua with a relationship to Rowan University. PD assigned 1/30/2023.... no current residents. No related Cardiology fellowship.

Or check Cooper Medical School of Rowan University/Cooper University Hospital for IM and Cardiology.
Core Program [ 330465 ] Cooper Medical School of Rowan University/Cooper University Hospital
Internal Med [ 1403321227 ] Cooper Medical School of Rowan University/Cooper University Hospital Program
Cardiology [1413321240] Cooper Medical School of Rowan University/Cooper University Hospital Program

Ugh, sounds like the Cards Fellowship I am thinking of did in fact close down or at least got consolidated with the competitive Cooper Med School...
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I think it merged with Cooper after the ACGME merger. A shame, because UMDNJ-SOM had great DO fellowships.