-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Did sga430 match??
Started by Chianti
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
The chances of him not matching are very very slim. Plus there are a lot of open categorical positions.
Given his ROL and the fact that there are 57 unfilled positions, I'd say that his chances of not matching are close to zero.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
57? how do you know that? are the stats up already?
Yes, the regional stats are up. Click on my reports for regional stats. You'll see 1057 psych position offered through the match, with 57 unfilled.
I'm a late-grad... I wonder how this 57 compares to the number for last year. I'm thinking about scrambling in psychiatry (my chosen field).
Almost identical. 54 spots went unfilled last year, out of a total of 1037 offered. Got the stats from http://www.medfriends.org/match_statistics/2006 NRMP statistics.pdf
he said he would be somewhere in Poland getting drunk on vodka, if my memory serves me right
he said he would be somewhere in Poland getting drunk on vodka, if my memory serves me right
hey cool, i'll be in germany and the netherlands getting drunk on beer next week. maybe we'll run into each other. i'll be sure to ask him if i see him. 🙂
I really hope he matched. I would be astonished if he didn't.
If he didn't, I've lost my faith in probability.
Rumor has it that he withdrew from the match as he decertified his ROL @ 8:59pm. Since he only went on 48 interviews, he wasn't really sure if he was making the right decision. Kudos to him! I wish more people really took the time to think over what they're actually getting into - it's a big decision, after all. I hear he's taking a year off to find himself. His girlfriend that he met in 6th grade was pestering him to get married, but he needed some more time to think it over. I think the combination of all of these interviews and his 15 year relationship really got the best of him. 😛
Godspeed, sga430!
Godspeed, sga430!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
congratulations, sga! hopefully we all got our top choices!
hey cool, i'll be in germany and the netherlands getting drunk on beer next week. maybe we'll run into each other. i'll be sure to ask him if i see him. 🙂
i will be going to netherlands and be in germany in transit. also going to the uk. right now i am in india. anyhow beer is on me if we run into each other.
Similar threads
- Replies
- 0
- Views
- 446