Did worse 2nd time :(

cookiefairy

10+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
I called some schools and asked them this question back in February when I was debating when to take my OATs. Here are some of the responses:

ICO - If the test is taken multiple times, ICO will evaluate the most recent score for admission purposes.

Indiana - highest

Michigan College of Optometry – the best one

Nova – highest score

Ohio State U – look at both scores; count higher

NECO – email/all looked at, but most recent will be looked at to see improvement

SUNY – top score of each section

Overall, I believe most schools take the higher one.

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm taking my OATs for the 2nd time next week to try and bump up my score for SUNY, is it true they take the best score form each SECTION? or just the best overall? Either way I will study for everything, but I did very well on reading comp so I'd probably spend less time practicing that and more focusing on orgo, etc. please let me know .. thanks, and good luck to everyone with applications! and interviews!

That's what they told me on the phone back in February, but I strongly advise you to call them again to check, b/c I don't remember the name of the person who told me that, so you can't really reference anyone. Good luck!

TOOK My OAT over for reading because I got a 200 and now my score went up in reading and went down in physics and math. Anyone know what PCO take on this. Will take my highest score or consider that I did better first time around?????? anyone else happen to them this and did not have to retake the OAT??