Did you have a gf/bf in med school

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

hindipilipino

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Just wondering; doesn't seem feasibly to have one as a med student and I am wondering If I should avoid forming such relationships. Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

What year are you in?

You'll meet lots of people during med school. One important lesson you'll realize is time management. You can do everything you want, juggle studies, having fun, and having personal time. Don't immediately close your mind to the possiblities. Cultivating lasting relationships with the people you'll meet (even if you aren't interested in gf/bf relationships) is one of the perks! Because at the end of the day, even after all that studying, you'd want someone to talk to, who understands what you're going through. It takes a little more understanding though if your partner is not from the medical field because he/she may not relate to the things you talk about and your reasons for not having enough time to spend with them (basically, especially if you're in your 4th year or internship).

I'm a 3rd year premed student. Yeah I guess I just need to learn time management; something I'm terrible at.

Members don't see this ad :)
hindipilipino said:
I'm a 3rd year premed student. Yeah I guess I just need to learn time management; something I'm terrible at.

yeah, time management is the key. Besides, if it's there you can't stop it, it's human nature. I have a girl friend. We're turning 1 year. Well, we started clerkship, I'm an intern now. Yeah, it's hard if you're still in your 1st to 3rd year in medicine proper. :laugh:

Hi,

I couldn't agree more. Time management is the key. Personally, I don't see how it would affect your study if you can keep the two things separate. It's only when they become tangled that you start to get scr*wd. I have a girlfriend since year 1 (I'm half way through my 2nd year), and I THINK I'm coping well with both aspects.

So yes it is feasible to have a relationship with someone while at med school. But you just have to set your priorities right, and it takes alot of determination.

All the best.

Jerry :)