Did you have to take Plan Diversity class?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

pvnguyen1

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Is it a pre-requisite for upper-division biology classes? I will be finishing my Cell Biology class and Animal Diversity class. I wonder whether I should take Bio Chemistry class or Plan Diversity class. My goal is getting into a Medical School.

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Is it a pre-requisite for upper-division biology classes? I will be finishing my Cell Biology class and Animal Diversity class. I wonder whether I should take Bio Chemistry class or Plan Diversity class. My goal is getting into a Medical School.

Thanks!

As long as you're getting A's, I say take what interests you most.

But as far as relevance for med school, biochem would be more relevant. (Plus, while not generally a prereq, many med schools recommend taking biochem)

Although I think you should take biochem anyways because it's a good class, some medical schools will allow you substitute biochem for the second semester of orgo. I'm not sure if this will help you in anways, but if you find yourself in squeeze for time, this might prove to be of some use.

Do you mean Plant Diversity? Regardless, it's not a prerequisite that I've seen or heard of. Perhaps it may be at your school, so verify with either advisor (be careful though, some of them don't know anything) or your course catalog. Unless you're on a quarter system, and yo're referring to the Plant quarter of the 1-year biology sequence. If that's the case, you have to take it because it a required prerequisite for med-schools.

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm just worrying that some upper-division bio may require that class. Can I follow a certain path such as cell bio lower-division to take upper division or do I have to complete all of the lower core classes in order to take an upper-division bio class?

Thanks WebIO. I will need to take that Plant Bio class.