Dismiss Notice
SDN members see fewer ads and full resolution images. Join our non-profit community!

Did you know that.......?

Discussion in 'Pre-Veterinary' started by jeeney, Apr 16, 2007.

1. jeeney

jeeney Ross SVM c/o 2012

Pre-Veterinary
  2. Thread continues after this sponsor message. SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. Pennymare

Pennymare Ohio State Class of 2011

Pre-Veterinary
    Dear God, I hope that is a joke. 'Animal Liberation' people are pretty much all hypocrites.

4. AuburnPreVet

AuburnPreVet AU CVM Class of 2011

Veterinary Student
    What's the deal with monkeys... I can't even look at the pictures. I guess because they "look" so human-like.

5. UpstateNY27

UpstateNY27 Cornell CVM class of 2011

Other Health Professions Student
    Animal rights ARE important.

However, I find the website that was posted not only inaccurate, but VERY dangerous to people that are currently working in the laboratory animals field.

The pictures on the site are nothing less than disturbing. The neglect and abuse of the animals pictured can leave the viewer with a sense of pain and misery. However, as a person that works with laboratory animals every day, I find this site not only misleading, but extremely dangerous to people working with lab animals.

If you guys get a chance to browse the site, the site contains official sheets that have the names of people working with laboratory animals at various institutions. The site does a disgrace to these people because it indirectly correlates the pictures on the site to the people that are running superb-lab-animals facilities. Given that there are people out there that want to HURT people working with lab animals, I strongly disagree with the content and the purpose of this site.

This posting is not meant to be a persuasion to tilt a reader into believing in laboratory-animal-research. On the other hand, is to EXPLICITELY say that the site above is dangerous to individual researchers and uses the vile/unethical pictures of animals to depict one of the most powerful scientific disciplines- Ethical/proper laboratory-animal research.

Julian

6. jeeney

jeeney Ross SVM c/o 2012

Pre-Veterinary
    i concur with what you are saying....i found this out from one of the meetings i had at work telling us to be careful because our lab is on that list....i just wanted to share with the rest of the pre-vet community