poshdoctor

Spicegirls of Healthcare
5+ Year Member
Jul 17, 2010
The Beckham Manor
Status
Pre-Dental
I know not all school require Calc 2, but some do.

Did you take it??

I was planning on just taking Calc 1 & Stats.

Oct 17, 2010
Status
Medical Student
I guess I should add that my undergrad required calc I, II, and stats or calc III for a BS, so that would be the only reason I took them.

cliffhuxtableDO

Hand sanitizer on deck
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Aug 9, 2008
Status
Medical Student
don't take calc 2 unless you HAVE to

Jul 19, 2010
Status
Medical Student
I'm not planning on taking any calc. Is there some kind of requirment I have never heard of? *doomsday panic*
At most schools Calc is a "recommended" course. A few do require it however so you just have to check up on the places you're interested in applying to.

MLT2MT2DO

10+ Year Member
Jan 21, 2008
Status
Attending Physician
I'm not planning on taking any calc. Is there some kind of requirment I have never heard of? *doomsday panic*
2 Acceptances and 1 waitlist in 3 interviews (declined many other interviews) and only took College Alg/Trig (aka pre cal). It was all I needed for the schools I was applying too as well as the MCAT.

I know a select few MD schools require Calc, so unless you're applying to them you should have no worries.

NurWollen

Strong with the Force
10+ Year Member
Dec 27, 2007
United States
Status
Resident [Any Field]
2 Acceptances and 1 waitlist in 3 interviews (declined many other interviews) and only took College Alg/Trig (aka pre cal). It was all I needed for the schools I was applying too as well as the MCAT.

I know a select few MD schools require Calc, so unless you're applying to them you should have no worries.
That's what I thought. I might take Bio Stats anyway, just to round out my app more. I noticed on the CIB that some DO schools recommend 3 hours of unspecified math. I have and A- in college algebra, but it was a while ago.

Mohammed1989

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Feb 2, 2009
Jersey City, NJ
Status
Pre-Medical
I took Calc 1 and Stats got a C in both of them. Am I good in that type of math? The grade says it all, glad it's not in sgpa

BestDoctorEver

Membership Revoked
Removed
Account on Hold
5+ Year Member
Sep 26, 2009
Status
Medical Student
I took Calc 1, Calc 2 and stochastic-- a brutal class

DbDan

I like Bones
10+ Year Member
Aug 18, 2008
Michigan
Status
Resident [Any Field]
My school was quarters and didn't have Calc I/II.

I skipped due to 5 on AP calc:
31A - Differential and Integral Calculus
31B - Integration and Infinite Series

I took:
32A - Calculus of Several Variables I
32B - Calculus of Several Variables II
33A - Linear Algebra and Applications
Biostats

I DEFINITELY regret it. I had to take 32B twice (D, C) and got Cs in the other two. I got an A in biostats though :laugh: Damn engineering

MLT2MT2DO

10+ Year Member
Jan 21, 2008
Status
Attending Physician
That's what I thought. I might take Bio Stats anyway, just to round out my app more. I noticed on the CIB that some DO schools recommend 3 hours of unspecified math. I have and A- in college algebra, but it was a while ago.
That should be plenty, though I couldn't imagine going through physics without Trig.

Lukat

lightning bonesetter
7+ Year Member
Nov 16, 2009
the South
Status
Resident [Any Field]
I took both Cal I and II and liked them both. Never taken Stat though :).