Didnt do Academic Update- what now?

Started by sobe55
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

sobe55

Full Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
So I missed the deadline for the academic update. I have been accepted to a dental school.

In my "planned courses", I decided not to take one of those courses this semester.Should I let the school know? Will they revoke my acceptance if I dont? (its not a pre-req course).

Thanks for any info
 
It shouldn't be a problem, especially since it's not a prereq. Just call the school and let them know that your schedule changed.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
You do not have to do the academic update, but you will have to send your transcripts to your school so it does not matter. I didn't do the update because it was not worth the money to me, I will send them my transcripts and everything should be fine.
 
You do not have to do the academic update, but you will have to send your transcripts to your school so it does not matter. I didn't do the update because it was not worth the money to me, I will send them my transcripts and everything should be fine.

Money? What money, AU didn't cost me anything.
 
I honestly don't think most schools really care about it I had a couple of post December interviews and no one asked me about it
 
i wasn't planning on submitting the academic update because i didnt want to have to pay to have my transcripts sent out twice (once to AADSAS, and once to the school I will be attending), and because I'd already been accepted to my #1, but the dental school I will be going to wanted me to do the academic update "for statistical purposes".