Didn't get A retaking fundamental

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

HdK

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
In bad judgement cuz another upper level course I got a C+ didn't work with my schedule , I retook principles of biology (I had gotten a B-), and I ended up getting a A-. I had other hard upper level courses that I got A- for all. My gpa is super low and I wanted to get all A, but it didn't work out. Is this going to be detrimental? My gpa is not competitive at all, but I'm tryin to get it up this last year.

Members don't see this ad.

Get a 24 on your dat….otherwise you can kiss dental school goodbye.

is that true? well then i guess ill kiss it good bye cuz i already took it and i didn't score that haha

Members don't see this ad :)
Get a 24 on your dat….otherwise you can kiss dental school goodbye.
I'm going to tell you what a lot of other SDNers are thinking: Just. Shut. Up.

@HdK No, you don't need a 24 to get into dental school. Your DAT scores are fine. :) And I'm sure your C+ will be okay, even if it's in a basic science course. You've proven that you can handle upper levels, and if the adcoms take a close look at your C+, they'll see it was coupled with other (arguably harder) science classes that you did well in.

If it comes up in an interview, just be honest about what happened.

Reactions: 1 user

@HdK No, you don't need a 24 to get into dental school. Your DAT scores are fine. :) And I'm sure your C+ will be okay, even if it's in a basic science course. You've proven that you can handle upper levels, and if the adcoms take a close look at your C+, they'll see it was coupled with other (arguably harder) science classes that you did well in.

Yup…a super low gpa and mediocre DAT = acceptance…….

unicorns and rainbows…...

Of course they're fine….they're lower than yours…………...

Yup…a super low gpa and mediocre DAT = acceptance…….

unicorns and rainbows…...

Upward trend. Above average matriculating DAT.

Where are the unicorns and rainbows?

haha I take no offense to what the kid spout anyway but thanks y3ndo =). I didnt get a C+ in a fundamental! I stated it unclearly but I meant I couldn't retake the upper level C+ class cuz it didn't work with my schedule so I took a principles class instead which I had a B- (which I've been told not retake cuz its worse to retake a fundamental class that isn't a C)

loll y3ndo ur awesome for trying to talk sense into him, but if u look at his posts, he's been trolling predents since 2011 LOL. he's just gettin a laugh out of it so lets not feed the troll

Well you've got a decent DAT in your favor. What was your GPA out of curiosity? If it's a 2.5 that will obviously be quite different than if it's a 3.2.

loll y3ndo ur awesome for trying to talk sense into him, but if u look at his posts, he's been trolling predents since 2011 LOL. he's just gettin a laugh out of it so lets not feed the troll
Yeah, I noticed. I didn't say anything till now, but he/she has provided little help to people on this forum and insists in bashing 3 particular schools for no good reason.

Getting a C+ in an upper level isn't going to kill your application, provided you continue to get A's and have a strong everything-else. If you think your undergrad GPA is beyond saving (as Cello said, something like a 2.5), then you should think about doing some post-graduate work.

its 3.15 sgpa and 3.3 ogpa ><

lol good riddance. probalby gonna make another account and start trollin again XD, how did he last since 2011 hahah