Didnt get in this year

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jeffrey02

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
well things didnt work out as i wanted them too but im going to keep my head up and apply for the next coming application cycle. So I was wondering if anyone knew any good programs that are accelerated online or whatever so I can do in the meantime during dental application process? I looked at master programs but there deadlines were all in January. I hope someone out:( there can give me some advice. :)
Thank people!

Members don't see this ad.

id say, go for a 5th year. boost your gpa, volunteer more, shadow more, and apply asap for the next cycle. g'luck

How were you stats? maybe there is a particular area that can be improved?

Members don't see this ad :)
should i apply as a post bacc, i have BA in sociology and have a minor in biology, should i finish my minor in bio to a BA?

Dude-
If dentistry is what you want- no worries- you're not the only one in that boat. As someone who has now graduated from dental school but who took a very untraditional way of getting into school, i'll tell you that the best thing you can do is
1- Take more upper level sciences (via, like you said, a Post bacc program)
2-Work in a dental office and GET experience
3-retake DAT if it was just ok
4-Reapply- you'll find that after doing the above things, you won't only be able to get into dental school, but you'll have your PICK as to where you want to go and will be OVERLY qualified as an applicant

hey thats some positive advice, i have been wanting to be a dentist since i was 7. i currently have 7 years dental experience and only 23 years old. i kinda figured out why i didnt get in was because of my gpa which is in the mid 2s and my dat was not competive. i know now what i have to do and im trying to figure out what i could do to show the d school that i just didnt sit on my ass for a year. i cant get into any master programs so ill just finish my second BA in biology and kick ass on the DAT.

hey thats some positive advice, i have been wanting to be a dentist since i was 7. i currently have 7 years dental experience and only 23 years old. i kinda figured out why i didnt get in was because of my gpa which is in the mid 2s and my dat was not competive. i know now what i have to do and im trying to figure out what i could do to show the d school that i just didnt sit on my ass for a year. i cant get into any master programs so ill just finish my second BA in biology and kick ass on the DAT.

Yup! definitely keep your chin up! Keep focus, work hard, and raise your GPA and "most" importantly get your DAT >19. Good luck! :D