Didn't Match and your stats

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

PassinGas

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Just thought I would help out next years applicants...

If you didn't match, good luck in the scramble. I'm sure you will do well!

If you don't mind helping those that come behind you, you could post your stats: Board Scores Step I, Step II (if it was sent to programs), GPA, class rank, etc. and how many programs you ranked.

Again, good luck!

Members don't see this ad.

yankeeh8r said:
I matched so it's all good for me. My stats are as follows:

• 6 ft. 0 in.
  • deep, mysterious brown eyes.
  • bench: 320 lbs.
  • squat: 600 lbs.
  • run 1 mile in 11.5 minutes.
  • enjoy: long walks on beaches, dinners by candlelight and a glass of a good pinot or syrah.

dude, asking stats of those who didn't match... especially now when they just found out is pretty brutal. It's really not anyone's business.

I completely agree!!!

PassinGas said:
Just thought I would help out next years applicants...

If you didn't match, good luck in the scramble. I'm sure you will do well!

If you don't mind helping those that come behind you, you could post your stats: Board Scores Step I, Step II (if it was sent to programs), GPA, class rank, etc. and how many programs you ranked.

Again, good luck!

what a stupid question.

Members don't see this ad :)
yankeeh8r said:

• 6 ft. 0 in.
  • enjoy: long walks on beaches, dinners by candlelight and a glass of a good pinot or syrah.

dude, asking stats of those who didn't match... especially now when they just found out is pretty brutal. It's really not anyone's business.

dude, 11.5 minutes for a mile is pretty damn slow.

Gime a break...

I didn't mean anything brutal by it at all. It's anonymous. If someone wants to post, fine. If not, Fine. I'm not forcing anyone to do anything. Just thought some might want to share.

I've already seen one person mention they didn't match with a 231, so obviously some people are sharing.

Also look at the wording in my OP, and you will see that I wasn't being degrading at all, so take a breather and try to calm down a bit. Thanks.

PassinGas said:
Gime a break...

I didn't mean anything brutal by it at all. It's anonymous. If someone wants to post, fine. If not, Fine. I'm not forcing anyone to do anything. Just thought some might want to share.

I've already seen one person mention they didn't match with a 231, so obviously some people are sharing.

Also look at the wording in my OP, and you will see that I wasn't being degrading at all, so take a breather and try to calm down a bit. Thanks.

I know that your intentions are good, but it still stings. This will probably be a great thread in a couple of weeks when most folks have gotten themselves situated in a program.

Point taken, Gasgodess. Nice approach, and I do believe it would be a good thread. I'll let someone else bring it up later if they like. Sorry if anyone took offense. That truly was not my intention.

PassinGas said:
Gime a break...

Why don't YOU calm down? Most people who apply broadly with decent numbers will match somewhere. At this point in the game, you cant really change your numbers, and you can't change your personality for the interview. So relax.

yankeeh8r said:

• 6 ft. 0 in.

Man, I'd like to be able to bench 320 once. Guess I'll have to stick with my meager 205 or whatever it is...at least its 30 lbs over my body weight. I do have your height beat by an inch though.

Hey there Hans...

You have got to be kidding me....

I am calm, which is one of the reasons why I am going into Gas. I'm not the one saying "stupid question" when I know others may wonder the same type of thing later on down the road. If people don't like the post, I am ok with that, but just saying "stupid question" is a bit inflammatory, thus my comment to "calm down."

As for me, I matched, so as I stated in my OP, I was truly just thinking the info may come in handy for those next year.

Some people truly do need to relax around here. Take a pointer or two from Gasgodess. Her approach seemed completely legit to me, and I understood what she meant. No need to attack others.

VentdependenT said:
Man, I'd like to be able to bench 320 once. Guess I'll have to stick with my meager 205 or whatever it is...at least its 30 lbs over my body weight. I do have your height beat by an inch though.

That means I can bench press you with one arm Vent. I'm going to have to put you on a Canseco cycle to buff you up.

UTSouthwestern said:
That means I can bench press you with one arm Vent. I'm going to have to put you on a Canseco cycle to buff you up.

Haha, oh man... Guess I better lay off the low carb diet and jump on the steroid bandwagon if I stand any hopes of competing with you in the near future UT.

Why do even need pharmaceuticals and mechanical ventilation for your practice bro? You can just smother your patients with your massive guns and breath for them with your ripped lungs. Cradling them like babies the whole time.

I'll bring the IPOD loaded with TooL to your OR.

HAaha :D