Didn't Match into OB/GYN

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

giants500

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi, I unfortunately didn't match into OB/GYN and the scramble has been a nightmare. I haven't heard anything and I have called...emailed..faxed..ERAS so many places with no response. What can I do to find something for a year before I reapply. I am a DO student with a 226/92 Step 1 Score..and right now just trying to match into a transitional..prelim or even prelim surgery year. Please PM me if anyone can be of any help or what I should do at this point. I am stressed beyond belief right now. Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

Ye that is my brother in law--I don't have a SDN accnt so I posted a thread on his.

Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone know of any research positions etc in OB/GYN I could seek for this coming year in case I can't find a a prelim or transitional year or just some advice on how I would go about finding those.
Thank you.

Why can't you do a DO residency? There are a good amount of them in the country with open spots. Since they don't allow MD's to apply to them, your competition would be much less. Surely, they are good places to learn OB.

Good point, pacinonme. There are a number of open categorical OB/GYN spots for DOs. AOA reports 20 open spots, actually.

You can see the list here (open spots in CA, MI, NY, IL, OH, PA). https://www.do-online.org/match/NMS.xml