Didn't take an experimental psychology class as an undergrad. Is this really problematic?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DevelopmentaIsh97

Reaction score
I just saw that on The University of Illinois Urbana-Champaign's clinical psychology web page, they recommend applicants to have taken an experimental psychology course. I only have one semester left as as undergrad and if I take experimental I'll have to miss my Monday lab meetings. These meetings are very important as I am an integral part of the lab and will be presenting often. I will graduate with a combined two and a half years of research experience, an honor's thesis, and a directed study. Does it really matter if I don't take the experimental class? I have taken two courses in statistics.

Members don't see this ad.

Have you taken any formal research design/methodology class? If not, that might be problematic. However, if it's only "recommended" rather than required, the benefit of taking it may not outweigh the cost of missing those lab meetings.

Some of the grad school training faculty folks here may be able to provide better information than me, though.

Have you taken any formal research design/methodology class? If not, that might be problematic. However, if it's only "recommended" rather than required, the benefit of taking it may not outweigh the cost of missing those lab meetings.

Some of the grad school training faculty folks here may be able to provide better information than me, though.
I have taken a psychology research methods course. I got an A.