Diels-Adler

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

motivated dent

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
do we have to know about the s-cis conformation, the syn stereochemistry, or the endo rule?

Members don't see this ad.

the diels alder reaction is pretty easy to memorize, so I'm sure that the DAT will test very specifically on that. I've taken a few practice tests (topscore and kaplan) and both have asked very specific questions. it would be a good idea to know cis, syn addition, and all other aspects of the reaction.

I think you should know these. I took a free kaplan test and it had it on there. These rules are pretty easy to learn and memorize and it won't hurt to actual know them.

the diels alder reaction is pretty easy to memorize, so I'm sure that the DAT will test very specifically on that. I've taken a few practice tests (topscore and kaplan) and both have asked very specific questions. it would be a good idea to know cis, syn addition, and all other aspects of the reaction.

Does any1 know the stuff well enough to give us a quick recap of these aspects of the reaction?

Members don't see this ad :)
Does any1 know the stuff well enough to give us a quick recap of these aspects of the reaction?

This is the basics:
1,3butadiene with a ethene.
The bonds move around to form a cycohexene.