Difference between DO and MD

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

calvinhobbes

Attending Physician and Preceptor
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone, I know this question has probably been asked millions of times -- but thats why I'm here, to do my research and ask questions.

So what is the difference between the two licenses? Is a DO school a med school like an MD school? I've heard it's easier to get into a DO school -- and the philosophy of treatment is different.. but I don't know why or how.

If someone can explain any of this it would be greatly appreciated.

Members don't see this ad.

oh and is it the same application as one to an MD school?

thanks

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey everyone, I know this question has probably been asked millions of times -- but thats why I'm here, to do my research and ask questions.

So what is the difference between the two licenses? Is a DO school a med school like an MD school? I've heard it's easier to get into a DO school -- and the philosophy of treatment is different.. but I don't know why or how.

If someone can explain any of this it would be greatly appreciated.

its also been answered a million times. if u can log onto the internet, then u can probably use the search function as well.

its also been answered a million times. if u can log onto the internet, then u can probably use the search function as well.
ouch!! :eek: such DO hostility.