Difference between these two Princeton review sets

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

premed13

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello,

I was wondering does anyone know what are the differences between the blue hyperlearning books and the various color hyperlearning books?

Heres some ebay links to show which ones I am talking about:

Blue set:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Princeton-R...656?pt=US_Nonfiction_Book&hash=item1e6746e680

Various set:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Princeton-R...0?pt=US_Texbook_Education&hash=item231612907e

Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

I think the various color one is not Hyperlearning. These can be bought from Barnes and Noble etc - anyone can have them. Blue ones are given when you take their course and can only be bought from a person who took the course - markets don't sell them

My roommate has the various color ones from the hyperlearning course and some of the blue ones such as the workbook set in the second link. I am thinking in 2011 they changed to having separate books for review and separate for passage practice, but I want to confirm this before I decide which to purchase.

the colored books don't have many questions/passages, which you really need for mcat (because content is everywhere)

Members don't see this ad :)
But do you know if the sets will have the same amount of passages total? I am asking because the newer set comes with 3 of the blue books: science workbook, verbal workbook, and in-class compendium.

Colored books is the latest edition of TPR books. Those students who sign up for TPR class also get those books. The only difference is that that there is a Science Workbook which comes separately from those books, but it is not sold directly. You can buy it from ebay or from this forum`s sale section.

So the colored books plus the science work book and verbal workbook = the old blue books in terms of passages

So the colored books plus the science work book and verbal workbook = the old blue books in terms of passages
Correct! The science workbook is the same for 2010 and 2011 (there`s no 2011 edition since that book wasn`t updated and people who are enrolled in TPR get 2010 edition of the book). Also, the colored books have additional passages and stand-alone questions in the end of each chapter compared to the olds blue ones. I just noticed that the verbal workbook is a 2011 edition, but I don`t think that they changed passages too much.

So, the colored books plus the science work book and verbal workbook = the old blue books in terms of passages

Correct! The science workbook is the same for 2010 and 2011 (there`s no 2011 edition since that book wasn`t updated and people who are enrolled in TPR get 2010 edition of the book). Also, the colored books have additional passages and stand-alone questions in the end of each chapter compared to the olds blue ones. I just noticed that the verbal workbook is a 2011 edition, but I don`t think that they changed passages too much.

So, the colored books plus the science work book and verbal workbook = the old blue books in terms of passages
I've seen the 07 and 2011 versions of the verbal book and they are like the same, maybe just a few more passages. Most of them just update their mistakes, and don't add in anything new really.