Difference between Uceris and Entocort EC

Started by JNP
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

JNP

New Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Uceris contains budesonide like Entocort EC but the two products are not interchangeable. They both work locally in the GI tract to reduce systemic steroid effects but they say it is because they target different areas (Entocort targets the ileum and right colon for Chrons disease and Uceris targets the entire colon for ulcerative colitis). I guess I get confused with chrons disease, UC, and other distal diseases and how to treat them. With Rowasa, Hydrocortisone, and now these - how do you know what to advise?
 
Location location location...and cost.

As for rowasa vs cortenema, I'd prefer rowasa based on side effect profile.