Difference in mtb 2 and 3 which to trust

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

surgicel

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
So as I am going through most of the topics under psychiatry I notice the treatment is different for some conditions in order of what would you do next or what is the best overall TX between master the boards 2 & 3 which one do I trust, MTB 2 or 3? Generally speaking

Members don't see this ad.

I dont think theres a right answer. I've noticed quite a few errors in both books, and am wondering why so many people recommend them honestly. Havent taken the test yet, but when I do i'll post a full review. To answer your question though, just verify with a third source like uptodate.

Reactions: 1 user
People recommend MTB2/3 because there aren't any other near-comprehensive 2CK books out there. We already know FA falls short for 2CK.

You have to bear in mind that Fischer's books are actually a mix between what the USMLE assesses and what he would do in real practice. The only gold standard resource for what the treatment actually is for something is UpToDate. You can't really argue with it, since it's.. up to date.

Reactions: 1 user
So as I am going through most of the topics under psychiatry I notice the treatment is different for some conditions in order of what would you do next or what is the best overall TX between master the boards 2 & 3 which one do I trust, MTB 2 or 3? Generally speaking
UWorld. Or like Phloston said, UpToDate, if you're UpToIt.